H.V. Bowen & Sons was first formed in 1907 by Harry Vaughn Bowen trading with ‘Horse & Cart’. In 1911 he purchased ‘Dwyrhiew Mill’ in New Mills, near Newtown which would turn into his base for the Agriculture & Fuel business, he then acquired ‘Tan-y-Foel Quarry’ in the 1940s where they started producing aggregates. He and his wife Mary Jane had four children: John, Tom, Maurice and Doris (Tanner).
The company was carried forward by Harry's sons, until eventually there was only Tom Bowen and his wife Mary Catherine left in the business who continued to live on the site at Dwyrhiew Mill where they brought up their children Haydn and Delyth.
One hundred years on the company is now run by by Haydn & his wife Gwyneth along with their son Mark & his wife Nia. The company has now expanded to a point where they employ over thirty people from the local area.
The wealth of knowledge this family-run company has gained over the hundred years enables the company to stand out from the competition and to serve the needs of the local community. We serve customers in Newtown, Welshpool all over Mid Wales and into the Shropshire borders.